This Pesto from the Sea is so easy, you'll love it. Add to pasta, chicken, or fish dishes!
• 1 1/2 ounces of dried seaweed flakes (if you have whole leaf grind or crush it up into small flakes)
• 1/3 cup roasted pine nuts
• 1 small garlic clove (minced)
• 1 cup fresh basil
• 1 cup fresh arugula
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (plus extra for storing)
• 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
Simply puree the kelp, nuts, garlic, basil, arugula, olive oil, and lemon juice in a food processor or high powered blender until the mixture forms a smooth paste. Transfer your pesto into a glass jar, cover with a layer of the olive oil, and store in the fridge for up to two weeks!